05 Mar Lisa Bodell
Speaker: Lisa Bodell
Founder and CEO of FutureThink, bestselling author of Kill the Company, and Why Simple Wins
Speech Topics Include:
- Why SIMPLE Wins: Escape the Complexity Trap and Get to Work That Matters
- Kill the Company: End the Status Quo, Start an Innovation Revolution
Lisa Bodell is a global leader on behavior change, whose skill-building firm has transformed hundreds of thousands of employees from Fortune 500 companies by showing them how to Eliminate the Complexity that holds them back and Get to the Work That Matters.
Her talks offer a roadmap to eradicate the workplace complexity that is killing organizations’ ability to be agile, fast and innovative. In order to experience this trifecta of competitive advantage, organizations must embrace simplicity as a basic operating principle, and Lisa’s content and energy move them to action.
A dynamic keynote speaker, Lisa empowers audiences with thought-provoking examples and practical techniques that ignite simplification and innovation immediately. Praise for her talks include: “the best speaker yet — engaging and energetic” (Google); “revolutionary and compelling” (Accenture); “incredibly unique and thought provoking” (Mastercard Worldwide); “immediately actionable” (Citigroup).
With a deep understanding of best practices across industries, Lisa has contributed her expertise to a wide variety of media, including: Fast Company, WIRED, The New York Times, Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, and CNN. Lisa has served on the advisory boards of the NSA, the Association of Professional Futurists, Novartis’ Diversity and Inclusion Board and is an acting member of the Global Agenda Council for the World Economic Forum.
Accolades for Lisa Bodell!
- Most Inspirational Woman in Communications Strategy and Execution 2019 (Acquisitions International)
- Most Innovative Business Workshop Training Facilitator 2019 (Acquisitions International)
- Silver Medalist 2018 North American Book Awards – Why Simple Wins
- Most Innovative Management Consulting Firm 2019 NY (CV Magazine)
- 2019 Woman of the Year – Business Services Industries – Silver Stevie Award
KILLING COMPLEXITY: Create a Culture of Simplification & Get to the Work that Matters Imagine what you could do with the time you spend sitting in meetings and writing emails every day.
Complexity is killing companies’ ability to innovate and adapt, and simplicity is fast becoming the competitive advantage of our time. Drawing on research and themes from her latest book, Why Simple Wins, Bodell inspires leaders and their teams to proactively move beyond the feelings of frustration and futility that come with so much unproductive work in today’s corporate world, to create a corporate culture where valuable, essential, meaningful work is the norm. By learning how to eliminate redundancies, communicate with clarity, and make simplification a habit, individuals and companies can begin to recognize which activities are time-sucks and which create lasting value.
Using highly engaging stories and techniques, Bodell proves that by using simplicity as an operating principle, we can eliminate the organizational and individual busywork that consumes us every day, and instead spend more time on the work that matters.
- Get informed by examples that resonate: consumers will pay more for simpler experiences; people recommend companies that exemplify simplicity; employees are brand champions in companies that operate with simplicity.
- Identify areas for simplification within your organization; Learn techniques to make simplification a habit.
- Understand which tasks take the most (unnecessary) time both individually and as a team.
- Start to create a culture of simplification and exemplify its practices.
Kill the Company: End the Status Quo, Start an Innovation Revolution
Winning innovators embrace change—do you? What holds you back from better innovating, every day?
In too many organizations, we’re stuck in the land of status quo. We’ve forgotten how to think differently, and lack the simple tools to solve problems creatively. The very structures put in place inside organizations to help them grow all too often hold them back. This keynote is an inspirational call to arms: to start a revolution in how we think and how we work. If you want people to approach change differently, you have to help them change their approach.
Using engaging interactivity, real-world examples and practical advice, Bodell shares how teams can actually do less to achieve more. Leaders learn why providing guardrails to their teams instead of handcuffs can reignite critical aptitudes such as curiosity, inquiry, creative problem-solving, and more.
- Everyone is a change agent.
- Change involves a toolkit, not a process.
- Reignite curiosity, inquiry and creative problem solving.
- Small changes can make a big impact.
- Lisa Bodell | About Lisa & Select Keynote clips - Collaborative Agency Group
- FUTURIST SPEAKER LISA BODELL | Keynote Clips - Collaborative Agency Group
- LISA BODELL | How Simplification is Key to Change- Collaborative Agency Group
- FUTURIST SPEAKER LISA BODELL | Kill the Company - Collaborative Agency Group