05 Jun Joe Calloway
Speaker: Joe Calloway
Author of ‘Becoming A Category Of One’- Consultant on Competitive Performance
- Be The Best At What Matters Most: The Only Strategy You’ll Ever Need
- Becoming A Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Create And Sustain Success
- Minds Wide Open: Creating A Mindset of Ideas, Innovation, And Improvement
Joe Calloway is a performance coach and advisor who helps great companies get even better. He helps organizations focus on what is truly important, inspires constant improvement, and motivates people to immediate action. Joe has been a business author, coach, and speaker for 30 years and his client list reads like an international Who’s Who in business, ranging from companies like Coca Cola and IBM to Saks Fifth Avenue and American Express.
Joe is the author of four ground-breaking business books including Becoming A Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Transcend Commodity And Defy Comparison, which received rave reviews from The New York Times, Retailing Today, Publishers Weekly and many others. Joe’s other books include:
* Indispensable: How To Become The Company That Your Customers Can’t Live Without
* Work Like You’re Showing Off! The Joy, Jazz, And Kick of Being Better Tomorrow Than You Were Today
* Never By Chance: Aligning People And Strategy Through Intentional Leadership
* and his upcoming book Be The Best At What Matters Most: The Only Strategy You’ll Ever Need.
Joe is a guest lecturer at the Scarlett Leadership Institute, and has served on the faculty of the Center for Professional Development at Belmont University. Joe is a popular speaker for business meetings and events, and he also works with clients to help them achieve specific results and improvements in exclusive 90 day advisory programs.
Although Joe has been inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame, he doesn’t do traditional “speeches.” Instead, Joe actively engages people in highly interactive keynotes and workshops that challenge assumptions and create new ways of thinking.
Whether advising leaders, coaching, facilitating a workshop or speaking, Joe loves to work with great organizations that want to be even better.
Be The Best At What Matters Most: The Only Strategy You’ll Ever Need
In a tough market is tempting to look for shortcuts. Reality check: there aren’t any shortcuts.
The one strategy that works in today’s hypercompetitive market is to be the best at what matters most. It’s an audacious idea in this age of gimmicks – to outperform the competition on those things that create real value for the customer. A laser focus on quality and consistency, along with relentless improvement, is the only strategy you’ll ever need.
In this interactive session based on Joe’s upcoming book, Be The Best At What Matters Most, you will learn:
– How markets are won by those companies that outperform on the fundamentals
– Why the old idea of winning by selling the “sizzle” no longer works.
– How simple beats complicated every time
– How to create results by focusing on 3 things
– How to win the internet savvy customer who demands value, not hype
– How to create the organization-wide buy-in that drives extraordinary performance
There’s an old saying: Don’t learn the tricks of the trade. learn the trade. That’s never been more true than now. Join Joe in a session that will get your team focused on winning through focus, simplicity, and excellence of performance. Get ready to move mountains.
Becoming A Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Create And Sustain Success
Based on Joe’s best-selling book of the same name, Becoming A Category of One is a roll-up-your-sleeves session about the mindset that creates market leaders.
Becoming A Category of One is about the attitudes and ideas that top performers bring to challenges and opportunities every single day.
A Category of One mindset means that you:
– Constantly seek out new ideas from top performers outside your industry
– Improve and innovate every day
– Focus on being the best at what the customer values most
– Become the company that customers truly love to do business with
– Decide to go – take decisive action on ideas that improve results and drive growth
Find out what market leaders and top performers do that you can do in your business if you just choose to. Choose Becoming A Category of One.
Minds Wide Open: Creating A Mindset of Ideas, Innovation, And Improvement
Ideas are the lifeblood of any successful organization. In a marketplace that presents new challenges and opportunities daily, a mindset of innovation, ideas, and improvement is a competitive imperative.
It’s not rocket science. It’s about the power of ordinary people doing extraordinary things. That’s what creates differentiation and a competitive advantage.
Minds Wide Open is about…
– ideas from unexpected sources
– innovation that creates value for the customer
– eliminating the barrier of complacency
– the passionate curiosity that drives all top performers
– overcoming the resistance to new ways of looking at our work
– a proactive mindset that turns ideas into action