14 May Todd Buchholz
Speaker: TODD BUCHHOLZ
A former White House economic policy advisor and Wall Street executive, Todd Buchholz puts the domestic and global economic crisis in perspective.
Speech Topics Include:
- Prosperity Ahead — or Not?
- How to Compete in a Global Economy
- Behavioral Economics Can Work for You
- Finding Hope in World Politics
- New Ideas from Dead CEOs
- Your Coronavirus Comeback
Todd Buchholz has authored numerous critically acclaimed and best-selling books on the economy and leadership, many of which he has developed into successful lectures and speaking events. His books have been translated into a dozen languages and are used in universities worldwide, including at NYU, Duke, and Princeton. Author Buchholz is praised for his examination of economics, business and entrepreneurship in the context of global society.
The Sunday TIMES (UK) called The Price of Prosperity: Why Rich Nations Fail and How to Renew Them “highly entertaining, far-sighted and enjoyably acerbic.” The Wall Street Journal named the book to its exclusive list of “Eight Summer Must-Reads” for 2016. Market Shock: 9 Economic and Social Upheavals that Will Shake Our Financial Future, was released to rave reviews and dubbed “outstanding” by the Wall Street Journal.
Buchholz has also published the best-selling New Ideas from Dead Economists, New Ideas from Dead CEOs, From Here to Economy, and Lasting Lessons from the Corner Office, which garnered high praise from The New York Times and Financial Times. Named by Publishers Weekly as a “top ten” book for 2011, his book Rush: Why You Need and Love the Rat Race has been praised by the Financial Times, Toronto Globe & Mail, Los Angeles Times and the BBC, among many others. Buchholz has penned articles for the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Forbes, and Reader’s Digest.
Prosperity Ahead — or Not?
- Discover how demographics, technology, and globalization are reshaping the economy and our future
- Pinpoint the signs of stock market rallies, and the warning signs of slumps
- Identify the political pressures on trade, debt, and interest rates from the U.S. to the E.U. to China
How to Compete in a Global Economy
- Learn how the “scissors economy” cuts costs while creating new opportunities
- Explore the ways to build customer loyalty even when facing unforeseen competition
- Find out which countries offer the best opportunities for investment and expansion
Behavioral Economics Can Work for You
- Explore how generational differences impact your workplace and your customers
- See how psychology shapes financial and customer choices
- Learn the three words that most excite your employees, investors, and clients
Finding Hope in World Politics
- Take a world tour to the “hot spots” that are on the cusp of economic and political change
- Understand how presidents and prime ministers — from Washington to Beijing — make crucial decisions
- Learn how globalization has lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty, while sparking protests about Brexit, NAFTA, and NATO
New Ideas from Dead CEOs
- Discover the entrepreneurial secrets that launched McDonalds, Sony, Estee Lauder, and Apple.
- Find out why Ray Kroc, Steve Jobs, and Sam Walton conquered their competition
- Apply the brilliant and motivational lessons of the greatest CEOs to your business today
- Examine whether now is the best time to lock in financing and where around the globe are the best opportunities
Your Coronavirus Comeback
- Find out whether the economy will bounce back with a V-shaped, U-shaped, or W-shaped recovery, and how to adjust for contingencies
- Position your company to be, not just a survivor but a beneficiary of the economic rebound ahead.
- Target the customers and entities that can spend the most—soon